December 11, 2020
Welcome to In the Kitchen Fridays
on Suga 95.7 FM
Simple Talk Blog
I am your Host Tara Smith- Jarrett
I originally, baked from my upbringing in Jamaica. My customers would ask if I would bake some of their traditional favorites. So, for the Christmas Holiday I am introducing a request recipe inspired by my customers. Try the recipe and please return and share your thoughts.
I’m sure you’ll love it.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 key limes (about 3 tbsp)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup (240 grams) unsalted butter (softened)
- 6 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Butter and flour 2 8″ cake pans or place liners in 2 dozen cupcake wells. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and key lime zest in a mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Stir briefly to combine.
- Add the oil and butter. Add the butter in one cube at a time, and mix until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Stir in the buttermilk and finally, the lime juice. Stop stirring as soon as everything is combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the pans.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until a tester comes out clean and you see the cakes just start to slightly pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set for 10 minutes before turning cakes onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Eat as is, with garlic sauce or any other dipping or chili sauce of your preference
Serve and enjoy.
Tara Smith- Jarrett