Welcome to In the Kitchen Fridays
on Suga 95.7 FM
Simple Talk Blog
I am your Host Tara Smith- Jarrett
Sweet potatoes are a natural anti-inflammatory and are also a good source of choline that is beneficial for a good night sleep’. At a time like this who doesn’t want a good night sleep? Have extra sweet potatoes?
Grab your utensils, potatoes and the other ingredients and let’s have some fun in the kitchen.
Sweet Potato Croquettes
- 2 cups / 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbs butter
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 package of plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 tbs water
- oil for deep frying
- Peel, wash potatoes and cook until soft
- Remove cooked potatoes and mashed potatoes
- Combine mashed sweet potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, and brown sugar
- Beat until smooth and well blended.
- Chill thoroughly / 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove chill mixture and shape into croquettes.
- Mix slightly beaten egg with water in a bowl.
- Dip sweet potato croquettes into crumbs, then into the beaten egg mixture, then in crumbs again
- Fry in hot deep oil until croquettes are golden brown.
- Drain excessive oil