November 20, 2020
Welcome to In the Kitchen Fridays
on Suga 95.7 FM
Simple Talk Blog
I am your Host Tara Smith- Jarrett
My daughter has always been my inspiration behind me learning to cook several dishes; She is a lover of shrimp, and I wanted to open up her palate a bit, so I decided to jazz up her meals to excite her. This dish was a definite hit and is one of her favorites.
Go ahead and try it. I’m sure you’ll love it.
- 1/3 cup of flour (whole wheat if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon fish seasoning (if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (Italian bread crumbs can be used as well)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pound raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- vegetable oil, coconut oil or olive oil
- Grab 3 medium bowls.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in one bowl
- Beat the eggs in the second bowl
- Combine breadcrumbs and coconut in the third bowl
- Dip the shrimp into the flour, then in eggs and thirdly into coconut mix pressing gently to ensure the coconut coating sticks
- Set aside as you coat the reminding shrimp.
- Add oil to cover the large skillet/frying pan on medium heat
- Fry coconut shrimp but do not crowd them in the pot
- Fry for 2minutes or 3 minutes if you like it a darker golden look.
- Place fried shrimp on a plate lined with a paper towel as you fry the rest
- Served as is, with garlic sauce or any other dipping or chili sauce of your preference